FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Mandatory Covid Test for JFK Flights
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:13 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I flew back to San Diego on the 9th, connecting through DFW. We were actually met at the top of the ramp by the CDC inspectors. They wanted to see my passport. I had to hold it and open it to the picture page. I then had to show a copy of my negative COVID test. All they did was check that it was a COVID test and that the result was negative. They never did check to see if the passport number on the test result matched the one on my passport picture page.

I had my test done at the Collinson facility at Luton Airport on the 7th as I was staying nearby in Chalton. The only drama was that they charged me twice for the antigen test. Even though the pin machine showed approved, the check in clerk stated that it hadn’t gone through, so re-ran my card. Both charges now appear on my card. I’ve emailed customer service, but I suspect that I’ll just have to dispute the duplicate charge as I got a canned message back stating that they were too busy to respond to general enquiries.
Starting the 26th, this all shifts a bit. While there will still be random inspections on arrival, the bulk of the work will be handled by the air carrier prior to departure with the carrier required to deny boarding if one does not meet the requirements.

With the UK announcement today, travel will be much more limited anyway.