FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:55 am
goonerflyer

Tier points when Avios ticket rebooked using commercial availability?

This is a bit cheeky, but an Avios redemption in First was cancelled this morning. Called YouFirst (good tip for anyone in F to call them as I got straight through), and the chap on the phone said he rebooked us on a commercial ticket for replacement flights, as there was no Avios availability for the dates we wanted. As BA cancelled my flight I had that luxury.

The 'Manage my booking' landing page says we'll earn 0 tier points but the outbound and return flights are in booking classes 'F' and 'A' (which I think are the classes if you'd used cash in First, no?). Plus I've learnt not to trust the generic info you get on the 'manage my booking' landing pages (eg, it's still listing previous flights in my booking that were cancelled).

I morally shouldn't get the tier points but I've read some people suggesting it's possible in this scenario, and even one way would be enough for silver.

Anyone know?

Last edited by goonerflyer; Jan 15, 2021 at 10:13 am