FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK: MNL - Various USA/Canada cities US$1465 J return
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:28 pm
BigE

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by rushjc
This is true by all accounts, but their current policy is that flexibility is wide open and allowed until end of 2021. I would definitely screenshot the written policy before booking, but I don't think I'd avoid just because they were a bad player when the pandemic started.
As I understand, you can't just cancel your ticket and get your money back (as some other airlines allow). You can change your ticket for "free" but you have to pay the fare difference. So if this sale is over (as it probably will be), you will have to pay whatever the new price is. The price might go up from $1500 to $3000. Right? It would be a different matter if you were locked in at the sale price, but that's not the case.

On the positive side, it sounds like you can create an "open ticket", which I assume is in effect a credit voucher. And then you have until Dec 31st to find another sale price that is acceptable. I think you need to rebook by Dec 31st, but the travel could perhaps be for a later date. And it sounds like you can change the destination, which makes it easier to find a sale price.

Still, unless you're pretty confident you'll be able to fly as planned (>50%?), it doesn't seem worth it. You might say "well, there will be a sale later" but if you believe that then maybe just wait for that sale.

"Terms and Conditions

No matter how many times your plans change, you are safe with Flexible Travel. Please review the terms and conditions to find out how Flexible Travel works!
  • A ticket change can be made for a different destination, provided that the fare difference is paid.
  • Change requests can be performed through the Turkish Airlines sales offices, call center, online channels (for international flight tickets only) and the agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
  • For tickets made between 21 March 2020 - 31 March 2021 (inclusive), passengers can make unlimited changes until 31 December 2021 (inclusive).
  • In order to change the ticket to an Open Ticket, the reservation must be cancelled before the date of flight.
  • In order to change the ticket to an Open Ticket, cancellations must be performed via the Turkish Airlines call center, sales offices, or the agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
  • Fare differences incurred by taxes, exchange rates or fare class differences will be applied.
  • Does not apply for flights arriving to / departing from China."