FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:03 am
Thichbay

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
That assumes that you also have time and inclination to use the RDMs in a way that will be worth that $15K. But even if you do, there are a lot of things I can do with 10 days that are worth more to me than $15K, even if I'm not compensated for them at all. I'm generally not motivated to spend a lot of time in a metal tube in the sky so that I can spend more time in a metal tube in the sky. My employer would actually be happy if I were willing to to two LAX-BOS RTs a month (if it were possible right now), but that's way more time than I want to spend on the road.
I am certain that people will find a way to maximize those hard earn RDM . MR is just buying AS miles for cheap (1 cpm vs 2 cpm) and you also get other perks that dont come with buying miles with cash. Also for a lot of people, flying is definitely not "spending time in a metal tube", flying is "vacation time". If you are not motivated to fly, then dont fly. If you dont want to redeem your RDM for CX F or JL F, great, lots of people in this forum will appreciate that.