FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:11 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by raunow
Or for US Credit Card holders (up to 30 status nights) and choosers of 2*5 status nights as Annual Choice "gift", Ambassador requlification will only require 10 status nights or 5 actual nights under the double nights promotion in 2021 at average of $2800 (pre tax).... Even at Manhatten or San Francisco rates that will require quite a bar tab...

Seriously though, since the same math applies to US Titaniums with Credit Cards, these will requalify with only 1(!) night and no spending requirements in 2021, so Ambassador status may actually be needed to get any kind of priority in a year where everybody in US will be Titanium !
While I do think Marriott have made things to easy overall and especially announcing it so early in the year, which means there could be very little incentive to stay at Marriott later in the year if they don't have great promos.
​​​​​​It is worth remembering the numbers you quote are to qualify for a status they already held (so not an increase in membership from 2019/20), the bigger question is how many Golds / Plats will it inspire to push on for Plat/Titanium and if that's a lot that could help Marriott later in the year, but indeed make 2022 the year status with Marriot really gets diluted due to sheer volume!

The only plus I can see is by announcing they still have a spread threshold for Ambassador it seems like they intend to keep the status around and I don't think even Marriott can believe they can run it how it currently is once Covid eases and they no longer have the excuse to hide behind.