FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold to Silver
Thread: Gold to Silver
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:23 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for the replies above. 15 nights to get gold in 2022, is not difficult if you live in an area where there are Accor hotels. The Fairmonts in Vancouver are expensive. I do have a reservation at the Vancouver Fairmont, the cheapest of the them all for one night in April to keep my points from expiring in March of 22.
As for the post about upgrades etc with my gold at the Vancouver Fairmont, I have no thought of staying there, will check in, go home and come back in the morning to check out. I am only a 15 minute walk away. Until this pandemic is under control I have no thoughts of staying at any hotel, regardless of what they indicate they are doing to keep the hotel safe from the virus.

Now my though is, to cancel this reservation and hold off until closer to the end of the year, as I plan to travel to Germany in late Nov/Dec where I could earn my points much cheaper than spending one night at the Fairmont. CAD $229.00 incl tax. If worse comes to worse, I could always rebook the Vancouver stay for Nov or Dec as I will know my plans by then.

One question on purchasing the business gold card. Should it be purchased at the beginning of the new year or if purchased in say April, is valid until the following April?