FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:05 am
THECLIPPERS

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by vantage03
I thought it was worth posting here as it’s been a while since the hotel has been discussed and Dubai is obviously a hot tourist market right now.

I’m currently in my second week at the Park Hyatt Dubai after having stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for a week, and also the Four Seasons DIFC and Burj al Arab all in the last 2 months.

The service at the Park Hyatt Dubai is outstanding. Others in this thread didn’t have this experience so I thought it was worth pointing out.

I am Globalist so may be getting preferential attention, but I don’t really think that makes much of a difference except for front desk staff. The service at this hotel is is proactive, friendly and generous.

MO had great service (and is generally my favourite hotel chain) but I felt zero generosity from them, and it’s also literally 5-10x the price for the equivalent suite, depending on the night. MO is fantastic, but not worth that sort of crazy price differential.

Four Seasons DIFC also had great service, but is a city hotel and I wanted the lagoon/beach. While at FS DIFC we were allowed to use the facilities/beach/pools at FS Jumeriah Beach... wow I couldn’t believe how terrible both the service and the hard product at pool/beach was at FS Jumeriah Beach. Honestly appalling for the price they were charging for a basic room. At least the food and service at DIFC was good. Burj al Arab was comically expensive and absolutely terrible in almost every way, except the rooms were in good condition and fun to see something different.

Anyway, the point is that the Park Hyatt Dubai is by a mile one of the cheapest luxury hotels in Dubai at the moment. I’ve been using my suite upgrades to be in a Park Terrace Suite. Yes, the rooms feel dated, but they are well kept and the large bathroom feels modern and new. Apparently they have one suite in the new updated style and it’s down by the lagoon but specifically requested by regulars and booked out for the next month. They would have done more but occupancy has been higher than expected.

The Lagoon is excellent, great food and service and they are now being run by a beach club called Twiggy by La Cantine, and the restaurant part of the beach club is supposed to open late next week. Everyone working the lagoon beach is new and from that beach club, a number of them previously working in Mykonos. The restaurant itself looks fantastic.

The Friday bottomless brunch at the Brasserie is still probably the best in Dubai and even has a caviar station. Daily Breakfast in the same restaurant has almost anything you could want. Buffet is open but with people to serve from it for you. Gets a bit busy for my liking. Breakfast at the MO was also rammed like a zoo when I was there, so it seems to be the norm.

Loads of other F&B outlets in the hotel, most are casual and relaxed with good food. One day just for being slow to prepare the food, they insisted on giving me lunch including drinks completely for free. I didn’t complain at all and told them it was totally unnecessary as I was happy. They wouldn’t even discuss it any further and insisted it was on the house. Talk about focus on great service!

The clientele here is much more chill than what we saw at the Jumeirah Beach hotels. A lot seem to be enjoying the sports at the hotel. Also a lot of discreet locals having meetings, and expats here to play golf and tennis then spend the day.

The Academy at the country club (1min walk from hotel reception) organises tennis and golf, including coaches.. which has been just so great.

The spa also isn’t as modern and glitzy as some of the new hotels, but is still extremely nice and well maintained.

It just has a really lovely, relaxed, effortlessly chic vibe here. The sound of nature, birds, and the water from the marina is just magic. Sure, the posing and glitz of the Jumeriah Beach hotels can be fun for a few days, but for me it got too much, especially with Covid, and I couldn’t be happier here.

I booked a third week in the bottom room category just to secure a low rate, they proactively noticed and have allocated me to the same suite again without me having to use a suite upgrade.

All in all, as many locals seem to say, the Park Hyatt is still one of the best hotels in Dubai. From a value perspective, I don’t think it can really be beat either. I’d especially recommend it for WoH regulars.
Great review! Is the minibar still complimentary and refilled each day?