FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some Passengers Banned on AS Flight Back From the DC Insurrection
Old Jan 10, 2021, 6:48 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
This kind of behavior by Alaska FA's really annoys me. There's a good reason for the mask mandate and for the consequences that follow failure to comply. Alaska puts a lot of emphasis on friendly and kind employees (Witness all the "Committed to Kindness" pins) and while that's appreciated, it's out of pace if being kind means essentially allowing others to do as they please at the expense of public safety.

Keep in mind that a significant percentage of these maskless goons spend most of their days not wearing masks, thus increasing the likelihood that they could be an unwitting (or is it witless) carrier of Covid-19. They shouldn't be given any quarter. If logic and polite requests don't work, they should be treated like like the threat that they are and red carded. One warning. That's it.

Again, these "kind" but evidently simple minded FAs who think they're doing these losers a favor by being extra lenient with them are in reality putting all the passengers around them at heightened risk of contracting Covid. They always say how "Safety is our first concern". Well, in the Age of Covid, wearing a mask is an integral part of the safety protocol.

Allow me to quote New England Coach Bill Belichik in advising Alaska's FAs: "DO YOUR JOBS!"
with all respect, what is it that you want them to do? You're 40,000 feet in the air, you've asked multiple times to no avail, beyond the yellow card what is the solution. Strongarm someone? Maybe I misread the post that you're referring to but I thought I read that the FA's said they asked the person several times and beyond that their only recourse is the yellow card. They're right. What else can they do? If you've got a viable solution I'm all ears because this has become the bane of my existence - and I feel like I'm doing my job very well.