FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)
Old Jan 10, 2021, 5:11 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Erasmus
The difference between AA EXP and AS 100K is that AA has many flights with 4,000+ mile stage lengths; AS has none over 3K to my knowledge. While the 50% bonus makes it fairly straightforward this year, 100K on AS metal will be a lot harder than 100K on AA metal for those of us who have a mix of domestic and international travel. Sure, partners qualify, but the difference is I can use SWUs on AA metal as an EXP (work only pays for coach); GGUs aren't going to get me into lay-flats on BA or CX.
It's pretty easy to clear the 75K threshold (or a theoretical 100K) flying partners international in J - 3 RTs to BKK on CX or JL will put you over. But right now that's impossible for most of us. And based in the bay area, AS doesn't presently offer enough coverage for me to give them even close to 100% of my domestic flights.