FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you can only carry 1 currency note ($ bill) in your small wallet what would it be?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:27 am
Magna

If you can only carry 1 currency note ($ bill) in your small wallet what would it be?

In case of an emergency or a place that won't take credit cards, and you can only carry one currency note ($ dollar bill or euro etc.) in your very small wallet (e.g. MagSafe Wallet) along with a credit card & ID, what would it be? And why? FYI: MagSafe Wallet is a very small wallet that attaches to the back of an iPhone magnetically. It really can only hold 2 cards and 1 currency note/bill. I plan on putting in 1 credit card, 1 ID, and can't decide between a $50 or a $100 note. With Apple Pay on the iPhone and a MagSafe Wallet attached to the back of the iPhone, I'm thinking that's about as minimalist as I can be.

I'm thinking a $20 is too small and most stores won't break a $100 as it's too large, so a $50? But then in an emergency and we can only carry one note shouldn't we carry the largest denomination possible ($100) and not worry if a store couldn't give us all of our change back? I could also just pay the credit card cash advance fee at an ATM if I really needed more cash.