FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022
Old Jan 10, 2021, 6:37 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
i can't understand the speculating that Flagship Lounges, the Flagship dining, or first class is ending...It's not going to be a pandemic forever. What am I missing?
Ummm.... literally nobody said Flagship lounges are going away. The speculation was purely on when they reopen and clearly that will be demand driven. Do you agree or disagree with that assumption?

International first class has been going away before the pandemic panic every occurred, not gone, but reducing over time (this isn't an opinion, but rather a verifiable fact). Again, I did not assert FFD is going away, but certainly that I could see that as a risk. Do you disagree or disagree?

Finally, FFD physical spaces have been chronically under utilized, again prior to the pandemic, because of the above. Several AA hubs that had FFD in development ended up seeing a reduction in first class flights from said hubs. Now, does that mean they are going away, who knows but it's quite possible. It's not an inexpensive service for AA to offer. And certainly, the fact that AA has chosen to liquidate the higher end wine/champagne that is on offer in the FFD (when they could easily have continued to cellar it until reopening) is an interesting data point.

If you disagree with anything I've stated, then how about stringing together a counter argument that is a bit more substantial than "the pandemic is not forever!"

Regards