FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Free Night Certificate Questions & Experiences" thread
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:35 am
akober220

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about combining the FNC from my Hilton Aspire and the one my wife expects to earn from her Hilton Surpass. I understand that we can make separate bookings and combine them, pending availability, but I noticed this in the T&C:

"Reward Certificate may be issued to the Hilton Honors Member, any person in the Member's family, or to any other person, as directed by the Member. Once issued, rewards are not transferable and may be used only by the individual named on the reward. If a person other than the individual named on the reward documentation attempts to redeem the reward, the reward will be deemed void and accommodations and/or transportation will be denied."

Does this mean that if she calls HH before receiving the FNC, she can direct them to issue it to me upon earning it? It would be preferable if it were in my name since I am Diamond and she is Gold, and that way we could take advantage of my status on all nights of our stay.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Got my response from the Diamond Desk. "it depends on how she earns the FNC. if she is using her honors points, then she can have it put in your name. if it is through AMEX or third party, then it will be placed in your wife's name. I hope this information will help you."

Last edited by akober220; Jan 11, 2021 at 12:45 pm Reason: Update