FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG still flogging Ambassador membership
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:47 am
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by #1son
I guess my point here is Hilton, Qatar Airways and many others all automatically extended elite status in 2021 but IHG is looking for customers to pay in what has been an awful year

and yes I am no longer a willing buyer regarding stays at IC
But your underlying IHG status (I'll assume Spire if you're RA) has been extented until the end of this year. And IIRC that was done last March / April not begrudgingly in the last days of December.

They also reduced the earnings requirements for last year and these have been extended to this year as well - have just had that confirmed via webchat

There have been 2* 3 months extensions of AMB. Not sure what they did for RA. I don't move in such company.

In the scheme of things I've been more than satisfied with what IHG have done re status and qualification levels. You disagree and that's fine but I think you are very much in the minority.

At the moment I am holding off renewing my AMB (date current extended one ends is 1st March). I may just let that lapse and renew later in the year once travel starts up again and they may do a retention offer. I may ask for the 6 months one off extenstion to the status but know they won't extend the weekend voucher. Not sure yet.