FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:02 pm
tobikosan

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
I think the problem might be that the SEA-EWR flight arrives at 1555 and the JFK-DUB flight leaves at 1815. Not enough time to do it on the same day (and below MCT) so it means the connection is +24 hours, which turns it into a second stopover. You can have the stopover in SEA provided you then fly into and out of JFK to DUB. So the problem isn’t where the stopover is but the fact that you are trying to have two of them on a one way ticket.

And anything EWR-DUB goes via SEA or SFO so you are backtracking big time. Where did you see SEA-EWR-DUB?
Thank you for your response. I misspoke. I was trying to get the 35K miles and $19 LIH-SEA-JFK-DUB with a stop in SEA. That was the itinerary that the agent kept going back and forth with her superior and the Aer Lingus desk as to why it could not be done. Looking at that flight alone on say June 4th, do you think there is a way to do a stop over in SEA then fly on the scheduled flight SEA-JFK-DUB? THX