FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA crew (including Captain) not enforcing face mask rules
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:26 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Wow - you don't half have some good stories from your travels with BA! A quick search of your posts brings back all sorts of escapades.
I do wish that he would post his itineraries here so that I can make sure that I am not aboard as he seems to attract the extraordinary. Unbalanced rappers and now people who refuse to wear masks!

Had this happened to me, I would have asked that the crew please enforce the existing policy. I would not have had the Captain off the flight deck at such a critical time in the flight, and indeed I am surprised that he came. As he was the last aboard they must have been very close to departure. Offloading yourself would have upped the ante - but then when you have taken such a stand; it does complicate matters when drinks come round. I think that I would have asked the person sitting next to me to please wear their mask until we had drinks in front of us - after which someone can, and I do not doubt does sit nursing a drink all the way to anywhere.

Were it really to bother me that much, I would have got off the aircraft - ultimately that is the only weapon in your armory is to get off the aircraft. Once that happens and you are involved with bags being removed and taking a delay, then you are in another realm and this really should be a very last resort.

That said, I am most surprised at the crew being so lackadaisical about implementing BA's own policy.