FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA crew (including Captain) not enforcing face mask rules
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:37 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I never even knew this was an option before! I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that if I said "I don't feel safe, I want to get off" then I'd basically lose the flight and have no rights to rebook - is this incorrect?
If you offloaded yourself politely and gently then BA would just rebook you. People who are denied travel due to excess alcohol generally get a free rebook if they are meek about it.

Originally Posted by destone
Can someone who works for BA confirm why passengers who refuse to wear a BA-compliant face-covering are not banned from flying BA in the future?
I don't work for BA, but from what we've been told, BA has written to "more than a few" passengers and told them they have become former customers for a period of time - usually 1 or 2 years. More serious cases may get 3 years plus but it's rare for BA to give lifetime bans even if someone is (moderately) assaulted.