FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NZ or JQ on Main Trunk Dom, is it worth being loyal?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:39 pm
HighFlyingKiwi

Programs: Air New Zealand
NZ or JQ on Main Trunk Dom, is it worth being loyal?

Realize this is a NZ Forum, but it does relate somewhat.

Have been a long time loyal NZ customer. Usually flying 2-6 domestic sectors a week, sometimes even more than that if heading off for leisure on the weekends.

Heading back into another busy year of dom travel, and will find myself doing more main Trunk flying. Most travel is usually booked Flexi, up too 3 months in advance (makes me sound organized, but that must be one of the only things I am organized in) I am finding Air NZ to be increasingly quite pricey even for flights well in advance. I mean yes Lounge Access is nice (when AKL dom doesnt resemble a zoo - (I hate school holidays)), The frequency of flights is good, and I have found Air NZ to be mostly good at handling any delays and cancellations.

My question to you other Air NZ FTers, is this. Have any of you started using JQ for Dom Main Travel. The price difference between NZ and JQ is quite considerable sometimes, and the Biz addon that JQ has looks attractive. How is JQs reliability these days? I know this is a area that has plagued them in the past. I mean Air NZ is no saint for this either. Has Customer Services improved?

I flew JQ years back and remember thinking the seat pitch compared to NZs Space+ was so tight. Is it really as bad as I recall.

I am doing a lot more flying with the likes of Air Chathams this year, so even flying Air NZ there is no interline connection to onwards flight.

Just wanted to get some opinions from Air NZ HVCs on JQ?

I find the earn rates on NZ terrible nowadays, even several last minute HKK-AKL round trips last month net absolute pathetic earn.

Thanks all, Happy New Year