FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:45 am
blueparazol

Programs: BA Gold
We were originally due to fly BUD-LHR on 04 Jan on BA869, but it was cancelled on the 23rd December after Hungary banned flights originating from the UK starting from midnight on the 22nd.
I called and we were rebooked onto LH through FRA for the same day (LH1339 and LH0922), but now LH has cancelled the second leg of this.

My first question would be about who is responsible for duty of care/rebooking in this case? If I understand correctly, we're still on a BA PNR, but the flights were cancelled by LH. Do I need to call LH or BA in this case? Who is responsible for covering accommodation/food if we're forced to fly later?

I am also wondering about the rebooking options which aren't looking great. FR is still selling tickets, but all their recent flights have been cancelled, so I don't believe that these flights will actually take place (or if BA can/will even rebook us there).
There are flights through AMS, but we need a PCR test to board any plane to the Netherlands, I assume they won't be willing to cover that? There seems to be another option on LH, but it requires 2 changes.

Any suggestions as to what the best course of action would be? We can stay here for a few extra days (maybe 4-5), but we need to be back in the UK relatively soon.