FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-GYE coming 5 December 2019
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:43 am
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
bump...

so a little review of my trip from jfk-gye, gye-jfk on this flight, jetblue 1769 and 1770...

going out to gye was a complete mess, the boarding process was as follows in jfk: rows 24-34, then rows 20-34, (we are in extra paid EMS seats in row 17), then rows 1-4, then....no more announcements, just a crowd around the gate, so me and my wife just kind of made our way into the line, and while just about to board, (meanwhile the jetway bridge door is wide open, with 30 mph winds and snow coming in and we are freezing), they start asking all passengers to check in any carry ons, and we were very upset, because they gave us literally just a few seconds to go through our carrys ons becuase they were in a race against the clock because of this snow storn here in nyc on dec 16...we checked both carry ons, and my wife got very upset and cried because we paid for these EMS seats, and regardless of updated covid boarding, we should at least have space allotted for our carry ons, while others boarding before us had basically filled up the aircraft...thankfully a flight attendant was able to pull one of them and store it and took out his carry on, just so basically we wouldnt get more upset...

coming back was decent, less full of a flight from gye-jfk, the wifi worked fine basically from panama onward, but the live TV didnt work at all the whole flight...

im not conflicted as to what airline to fly back to gye in the spring/summer, latam I have no idea what their plans are, and connecting in miami via american is a loooong day as well, kinda dissapointing overall experience, mostly the outbound flight..sorry for the rant...
That is unacceptable. I would email or call JetBlue and demand a refund for your EMS seats. They advertise early boarding and early access to overhead bins as two separate benefits on their website, and you received neither of these. If you haven't already, you can get a $15 voucher for future travel for the broken TV on the return flight (that is the standard amount regardless of route). I know you were looking forward to your trip and I wish it had been better; unfortunately I am not entirely surprised as consistency is an area where JetBlue consistently fails.

-J.