FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD-LDH in Feb: $1500+ for flights?!
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:00 pm
kangarooflyer88

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by nancypants
Tangentially related so hopefully ok to post- lord Howe counting as part of NSW for state borders purposes? And open to visitors at the moment?
Certainly Lord Howe is part of NSW. However, so far as I can tell there appears to be several set of rules for border crossing depending on where you're from. If you're from the Northern Beeches travel is more or less cancelled. If you're from the greater Sydney area and Wollongong self-isolation on return is required. Lastly, if you're in rural and regional NSW things are less clear. Some states have very few restrictions (e.g. take test, self-isolate until you get negative results) whereas other states have barred travel from NSW altogether. At the same time, these rules are constantly changing and what may be applicable today may not be true tomorrow, especially if we see an uptick in SARS-2 cases in NSW.

Travelling at this point in time, is a fool's errand, even with border restrictions reduced. We saw how quick state governments are to putting up borders the moment they take them down, one need only look at Western Australia which took its border down with NSW on Dec 11 only to put it back up a week later. As for myself, I'm planning travel starting April 1, and again that might be too optimistic as well. I get why people want to travel being stuck in the same place for a long period of time will drive anyone crazy.

Cheers,

Your Trusty Kangaroo!