FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:25 pm
rtpflyer

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Walked by Hampton Inn Disney Maingate West

I was in the process of doing a "matress run" to be sure I could retain Diamond Status next year, when I show up at 11 AM to see if "by chance" my room was ready and I could go ahead and check in. They said no and I said I would be back sometime LATE that evening for my room. When I got back (at about 12:30 AM) they said there was a "problem" with my room and that they had arranged for a room at another hotel (which they would pay for of course). I mentioned that I was concerned about my stay credit for making Diamond next year and they said they would arrange for the stay to be "credited". Was I being fed a line, or should I believe them?

I have no complaints about the hotel they walked me to. It was a AAA 4 Diamond Resort, and when I got there, they had just run out of regular rooms and had to accomodate me in a 2 bedroom villa with living room, kitchen, and jacuzzi tub. It's too bad I was traveling alone this trip.