FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:18 am
simonsmith

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by heb999
I did the same. I was told that the two bookings were linked when I rang in to book the return. Not sure that I have any way to prove the linking up though. It look like I will have to cancel so am interested in your outcome.
I rang to get a refund on my cancelled 1st Jan 241 LHR/JNB flights today.
I had two PNRs with one 241 linked to both. The inbound is not yet cancelled.
The agent was helpful when i explained the link and went off to talk to a manager who agreed that both could be refunded without a change fee.
The avios and voucher for both flights were back in my account in less than 5 minutes. The cash element will take a bit longer. I was very pleased.

On a separate note I am still down the £70 for two people charged as a change fee for upgrading the outbound from C to F with avios, which was downgraded to C by BA and then subsequently cancelled. The avios have been refunded.
I know £70 is not much i the context of things but £70 x lots of people probably is.
As a matter of principle I think this is wrong as they have not provided me with the product purchased. At no time did any one take the time or send me any information to explain what the charge was for or the terms of the charge.
I have written to BA , the agent who intimated he felt it was wrong discussed it with a manger and they have stated that they will not refund this fee and their position is final.

I do not want to spend ages on this but it might be interesting. Would you use the MCOL system to make a claim against BA or another?

A very Happy New Year to you all.