FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAN - Rude/Unprofessional Gate Agent
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:12 pm
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
My grandfather once told me as a child that when people resort to personal insults, it's because they have run out of arguments. I find those wise words to be so true.

It's unfortunate to have this kind of attitude here. And kind of humorous that a few of you guys don't seem to care about the thread but continue to engage- not to offer anything productive-- just to antagonize. (??).
I'm sad to say, but I do agree with you. I once made the mistake of thinking that people were supposed to be pleasant to each other here - and I was very wrong. I had a complaint - not unlike the OP. This time it was at check-in. The agent was unbelievably rude and I walked away absolutely steaming and that was after many years in the business myself. I asked the Forum the best way to complain and the result was an avalanche of snide rudeness which I did not think that the question merited. Someone thought that I should get over myself -and I am still unsure how one does that in English or in fact but then people parrot loads of words and phrases that they have never really considered. No matter.

To keep this on thread. I found out that AA take such matters seriously and the person involved was identified. I do not want people to get into trouble or worse have job problems but they need to know that there are consequences and that when one is in a customer facing job that one does so often have to button ones lip (in my case a double strength zip is required). I learned how to fix a smile and not rise to the bait. The traveling public are not always the most of gracious of souls and sometimes it takes more of an effort than at other times. My own view is that in this particular incident -as we neither saw the body language nor the tone of voice - I regarded it as a rather warped sense of humour from what was written. It would seem that the OP has dealt with the matter as he saw fit.