FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:36 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by finnishlad
Those more than 10 000 recruited are GPs, nurses, paramedics and pharmacists. Why you think figure is baseless?
Sorry for being unclear.

The reference to track-and-trace is to examplify that "recruited" and/or "trained" is not the same as effectively working. The track-and-trace program recruited who-knows how many people who then sat idle. With a non-existing training and without any management they had to face the public anger and confusion. There was almost no track-and-tracing going on, despite the huge numbers of recruited and trained.

The "350 million a week" is a reference to the current practice to use irrelevant, misleading or false numbers, repeated ad-nauseam to drive a sentiment with a crowd. The number itself is only veichle. I could be "we are walking 2 billion fotsteps every day - that is how hard at work we are".

This is how I end up taking the figure "1 000 000 inocculations/week starting jan 4" with a bucket of salt.

I did a quick search to find the schedule for this, but all NHS says is "don't call us, we will call you".