FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAN - Rude/Unprofessional Gate Agent
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:21 pm
StevenSeagalFan

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by NRoften
I think the fact that the CSM knew who the agent was just based on the story I told him gives me sufficient credibility, unless you think that, too, is made up.

As I also stated earlier, my father has worked for United for 3 decades. As a kid, I was raised to dress nice, be polite (please and thank you) and listen to the airline personal when flying as a non-rev. The way I was raised holds true to today, regardless of airline or whether I'm on a ticket or non-rev passes. I've flown during more than one summer-from-hell on United and have seen first hand how poorly some passengers treat the GA's. However, this does not excuse the disrespect and attitude shown by GA. Agents like this one are the same my father talks about on the United side and are no fun for their co-workers or passengers.

FWIW, I fly quite frequently and have for a number of years now and this is the only time I have ever complained about an agent. In fact, I've been relatively happy with all of my AA interactions up until this one and my only past correspondence with AA was to compliment a very good flight crew (and efficient PHX ground crew) after an unplanned fuel stop in PHX on a ORD-LAX flight.

To further clarify
  • When I approached the gate it was approximately T-30 and boarding had already started and the podium was empty. One agent was boarding the plane and the agent I approached was standing there literally doing nothing with his arms crossed.
  • CSM confirmed that the behavior from this particular agent was not done in a joking manner
As a CSM until a couple months ago (I took a voluntary furlough package) I can tell you that your complaint likely fell on deaf ears because of the substance of the complaint.

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Dec 27, 2020 at 8:16 am