FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:00 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just a reminder that the LAX club is currently closed due to local restrictions.
I almost relied on your reminder to my detriment! I was supposed to be on tonight's AA4 to JFK but it got way delayed so I hopped onto AA707 to CLT instead (also a 777-200, and ultimately a better routing to my final destination). I was going to tool around aimlessly in my rental car until close to the 12:20 a.m. flight but I decided to come in to see if the club was open (as it says it is online).

Indeed, despite the covid stuff, the LAX club is open until 1 a.m., even tonight (Christmas night). There is no hot foodservice, but snack boxes are handed out at the door, and the bar is fully operational.

Merrily, the bar is so operational that it is selling me Krug on Christmas night.

Unfortunately, they are being a little watchful because some jerkwad bought a bottle the other day, said he was going to drink it elsewhere in the lounge, and then took it onto a flight, causing a disturbance. Whatevs.

Merry flying!

ETA:
Also, beachfan, you will be pleased to learn that you are correct: this is indeed the 168ème (from 2012 grapes). The KrugID for my half-bottle tonight was 418038.

The bar supervisor saw me looking at the number and then came over to ask about it, and we just had a nice chat about wines and the like. She asked me why I liked Krug and I said, well, it's pretty simple. For one, it's the little bubbles and the complex apple and vanilla notes--but it's more than that, because each sip reminds me of some time I've had it in the past... that birthday dinner at Per Se, that time I brought it BYOB to a crab joint, the anniversary dinner with my wife at the St. Regis Bahia Beach, the pleasant hours whiled away in FFD... it's a celebration.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Dec 26, 2020 at 12:27 am Reason: KrugID