FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New qualifying points system for status from 2024
Old Dec 25, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerLX

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by MichielR
.... they basically copied BA and AFKL to create a transparent points system, not much more...
When LH finally do introduce the new system, the transparency IMO will be the major advantage over what has gone before. All systems lead to the odd anomaly here and there... Doesn't cause too many problems AFAIK. After alll, is BA CCR packed full with pax grabbing every available forkfull of plastic-packed food (which is all of it) while they complete obscure mileage runs to keep GGL ? I don't think so. By the same token, are US members of M&M really going to dash back and forth between PTY / BOG / MEX / DFW or whatever just in order to get/keep status ? I doubt it. And as I repeatedly point out, even if they do just that, that's a couple of lounge visits and a bit of fast lane etc. per year... Hardly costs a fortune (I still say that despite respecting those here who see it differently.) And if they do those few mileage runs then add in a pile of trips in Y light or similar, then they will be paying for a pile of trips in Y light or similar... That's what airlines want us to do, after all!! Or am I just ill-informed?...