FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Bonvoy properties not taking Covid seriously
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:18 am
teddybear99

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by siesta6207
Spent the night at the Rochester Marriott last night. They stated that no airport shuttle which I accepted...I took an Uber over to the property only to notice that they actually do use a shuttle ONLY for the airline crew. I got a little mad about it because we all got picked up and taken to the same place. I got told I'm not eligible to take the van. How would you feel about that? I alerted corotate about it. Either you have a shuttle or you don't. You shouldn't cherry pick on who can use it
The shuttle may be staffed and paid for by the airline. Also per their union contracts with the airlines, the crew must be transported separately from any other regular passengers for safety protocol reasons. When I used to work for Supershuttle, we used to have pick ups at the same hotels that were housing Airline crews. We had to send a separate van for those passengers even though they were going to the same airport. Also, if a crew member had a SO or family member traveling with them, we would have to transport them separately as well.