FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FL drive-in
Thread: FL drive-in
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2020, 5:26 am
SinglePapa2

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Free upgrade from compact to Lincoln? For real? There is a coupon on Budget's website, but it says 1 category, which is the norm. If they promised you compensation for fuel, maybe you can try to negotiate a discount on the upgrade fee, but I doubt they would let it go entirely.

The free upgrade code “UUWZ042” has been prefilled in the form and will automatically apply when you click, “Select my car”.

Upgrade from Intermediate, Standard, or Full-Size

With this coupon you can upgrade any available car from one of the following three Budget car rental groups:
  • Intermediate Car Rental (Group C)- upgrade to a Standard Car Rental (Group D)
  • Standard Car Rental (Group D)- upgrade to a Full-Size Car Rental (Group E)
  • Full-Size Car Rental (Group E)- upgrade to a Premium Car Rental (Group G)
The upgrade will take place during pickup. Book the car with the ideal rate for you and then you’ll receive an upgraded vehicle when you pick up the keys.

Sale Period

Your car rental must be picked up on or before June 30th, 2021 [Now - 6/30/2021].
Thank you for details. Budget CS is apparently out of MEX, and was way snappier than horrible Dollar's. It took only 2 days to post their fuel error, and receipts are always helpful - although not mandatory, he took my word for it.

On the class: I shot myself in the foot. Snow cleared by then, but I should've still pre-paid Fullsize at $4 over Compact. When she created an impression she'd stick me with a tiny old car, and offered a "break" of "only $23 all-in" for newish L.C., I just splurged. Proved very comfortable. In 40 years, I've never driven a Compact to FL, and it was stupid to book it at both Dollar and Budget. Not sure what counter would over-charge me from Full - but I observed them lie with a straight face. I refused the rate twice, until she finally landed at $23