FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FL drive-in
Thread: FL drive-in
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:12 pm
Auto Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Not sure there is free upgrade in Budget fastbreak, is there?

JFK counter talked me into $23 upgrade from Compact to Lincoln 15k (NY plate). Lincoln provided easy 18h ride to Daytona; but they did promise me some refund on account on non-Full tank. Any gauge on my upgrade?
Free upgrade from compact to Lincoln? For real? There is a coupon on Budget's website, but it says 1 category, which is the norm. If they promised you compensation for fuel, maybe you can try to negotiate a discount on the upgrade fee, but I doubt they would let it go entirely.

The free upgrade code “UUWZ042” has been prefilled in the form and will automatically apply when you click, “Select my car”.

Upgrade from Intermediate, Standard, or Full-Size

With this coupon you can upgrade any available car from one of the following three Budget car rental groups:
  • Intermediate Car Rental (Group C)- upgrade to a Standard Car Rental (Group D)
  • Standard Car Rental (Group D)- upgrade to a Full-Size Car Rental (Group E)
  • Full-Size Car Rental (Group E)- upgrade to a Premium Car Rental (Group G)
The upgrade will take place during pickup. Book the car with the ideal rate for you and then you’ll receive an upgraded vehicle when you pick up the keys.

Sale Period

Your car rental must be picked up on or before June 30th, 2021 [Now - 6/30/2021].