FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:23 am
UKFlyboy

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes. FTV will still be available if you can't get MMB to work, and it's possible an agent will just do it anyway, but strictly speaking the clock will run out in October 2021, based on your existing ticket, if not sooner.

Hi CWS. So after 90 mins on the phone to first a South African call centre and then a UK exec club person, they're telling me that because these are reward flights, they cannot be re-booked 'because there is no reward availability'. I can't see any J seats to BKK from mid November onwards (or SIN and I understand KUL is cancelled), and we have to travel by the end of 2021. They did say the ticket validity 'could be adjusted' but they cannot rebook us into commercial availability (which is extra annoying as the flights look very quiet). The advice was 'leave it and hope for availability' but since there are others in our party on paid tickets this really isn't practical. Is there anything I can do to escalate? It seems so unfair that they've cancelled our flights twice and will not now rebook us. They also advised a non-BA flight isn't an option for the two of us using the Amex 2-4-1. Any advice/further help very much appreciated!