FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q-suite Bathroom Fiasco
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:57 pm
tale

Programs: Continetnal Silver
Q-suite Bathroom Fiasco

We recently flew form Doha to US had a pleasant flight except for a bathroom fiasco

In the front cabin of businesses cabin on a351 there were only 2 bathrooms, After take off I waited in the front gally for bathroom, a member of flight crew walked out from portside bathroom but when I tried to go in he informed me that this was reserved for the crew only. I waited in front of the other bathroom bathroom along with another passenger for another 10 minutes.
After a while we realized that the bathrooms were not unlocked after the take off. I was the second In line and had to find another bathroom, needless to say I was very frustrated as and in slight panic.
I walked all the way back to economy where the bathroom was unlocked but the crew did not check inside the bathroom and the basket had fallen out there was a line of people waiting to use it.
We alerted the flight attendant who fixed it but again there was someone else already waiting to use the restroom so I had to find another one. After 20 minutes of frantically searching for the bathroom I was finally able to use one.

This is the first time on Qatar in Business, I normally fly on Lufthansa / United where a standard procedure is for flight attendants to lock the bathrooms just before take off and right after take off to unlock them and check that they are operational. I am not sure if Qatar airways has the same process, if you do it was not followed.

Furthermore it was sad to see that QR puts employees ahead of customers by reserving a bathroom for sole use by employees. Given that there are only 3 bathrooms in business reserving one for your employees reduced capacity by 33%.

I truly believe that these issues could be addressed by proper protocols. IE Flight attendants should unlock and check bathrooms after take off.
I believe that the customer should come first and as such bathrooms should not be reserved for the crew use only.