FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s the most efficient way to cheaply earn points to extend validity?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:37 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
What’s the “best” way to earn points to extend account balance validity? Best being defined as cheap but also high likelihood of actually getting credited.
book a one night stay in a hotel (anywhere on earth) where you can earn rewards/status points/nights

Then after the checkout date reach accorhotels support and tell them you had to cancel your trip due to covid (for instance XXX shut down borders or forbid citizens from your country to enter, etc .... like in UK for instance ) you do not want reimbursement/vouchers/etc cause you know you won't come back soon .... just to credit the night/points even if you did not check-in (i guess the hotel need to accept but i think its not going to be a problem, as they have their money and you would have receive the nights/points in case you could check-in anyway)

This year i had 2 times such case when corporate trips got cancelled and none of the options available were suitable

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 22, 2020 at 9:20 am