FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:50 am
Fiordland

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You would think so, but apparently not. It's probably less work to crew a Jetz flight than a mainline 319 config with over 2x as many seats, so I can easily see the crew on the Jetz list fighting to preserve that particular perk.
From what little I know of Jetz it sounds like the meals and service is customized around the teams specific requirements. I guess if your feeding high performance athletes there are probably specific things the team is looking for. More of the service is plated at the seat vrs pre-plated. Operating out of an FBO (including airports not normally served by AC) there are probably different procedures around aircraft checks and provisioning. Security out of an FBO is also quite different. No gate agent to print paperwork etc.

It sounds like for the teams the aircraft is a "safe place" for the players away from fans and reporters. After the game they head to the airport. Sometimes they do the meal service pre-departure while still on the ground and things are still getting packed up.