FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FL drive-in
Thread: FL drive-in
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2020, 4:05 pm
Auto Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Got there 9am. ZERO CUSTOMERS, full lot. Desk claims I was a no-show by 9.30pm close. And 12/17 pick-up is $60/day. Manager hints wouldn't mind a bribe; then "call Corporate to see if they authorize old rate." An hour on hold later - no resolution. "Nothing we can do"

I wasn't going to drive same day on those roads anyway; so I rented Budget next day $55 all-in for a day. Want to bring up Corporate's M.O. (no direct calling LGA, even in state of emergency) to company's top. I wasn't asking to change return date - why was it IMPOSSIBLE to check me out at yesterday's rate, given NYC emergency shutdown?? Can't anyone do anything mannually anymore...
2 things:

1) This was Dollar/Thrifty, right? Why would you expect anything extra from a company under the aegis of Hertz? Even in normal times, many people here complained, myself included, that Hertz billing and customer service sucks.

2) Even at $55/day all-in, it was still how much higher than what you were supposed to originally pay? What would you have done if all competitors were much higher, as in out-of-season rate?