FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FL drive-in
Thread: FL drive-in
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:50 pm
SinglePapa2

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
How did it go? Pickup process? Car assigned or chosen? Type of car? Mileage? Which state is it originally from? Etc.
Pick-up was scheduled 12/16 9pm. This was the last hour for code to work. It happened to be the height of the storm. Governor/Mayor announced no one should be on roads, to avoid being stuck and to allow plows. Above ground subway - which goes toward LGA - was placed on service halt "early 12/16 - early 12/17"

I call (predictably Manila, Philipinnes), explain NYC state-of-emergency, and ask to confirm LGA location will not close early - as did most businesses. They say they don't have direct# to LGA, but received no indication of early close. I'm not about to risk my life and then kiss the locked door - unless I hear from horse's mouth. I figure how unsolvable may be an early 12/17 pick-up vs. late 12/16 - given I'm not claiming added day.

Got there 9am. ZERO CUSTOMERS, full lot. Desk claims I was a no-show by 9.30pm close. And 12/17 pick-up is $60/day. Manager hints wouldn't mind a bribe; then "call Corporate to see if they authorize old rate." An hour on hold later - no resolution. "Nothing we can do"

I wasn't going to drive same day on those roads anyway; so I rented Budget next day $55 all-in for a day. Want to bring up Corporate's M.O. (no direct calling LGA, even in state of emergency) to company's top. I wasn't asking to change return date - why was it IMPOSSIBLE to check me out at yesterday's rate, given NYC emergency shutdown?? Can't anyone do anything mannually anymore...