FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No flights from UK (or passengers who have been in UK) from 22 December
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:44 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
as discussed elsewhere UK flight banned. but what intrigues me is even hk resident (i.e. those with right of abode here, citizen equivalent) are barred entry to hk if they spent 2hrs in uk in last 14 days

this is interesting development (the citizen bit). apparently consulted DoJ so all arse legal grounds are covered and govt has lawyered up.

i been saying govt wants to adapt china policy. its slowly getting there with colorful excuse to disguise the reaons
Do you have any official link to the barring of anyone who has been in the UK?
Journalists are prone to speculate, but it seems that HK is only suspending all flights from the UK. That leaves open the possibility for UK pax to transit via DOH, DXB and other destinations which allow flights from UK.
I also wonder whether they will simply apply the current rule that allows flights but without pax. Currently BA is "banned" and flies to HK with cargo only, but from H with pax and cargo.

In Europe, this is a temporary precautionary measure until more is known about that variant and health protocoles are adapted (like tests pre-departure and on arrival).