FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/One World: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:58 pm
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Departure Airport(s): LAX and related
EQMs or EQSs Needed: EQDs seem harder to come by
EQDs Needed: 2200
Max Budget: None, but let's be frugal
Available Travel Dates: January 2021, February if necessary but would love to earn AND roll over to next year
Max # Travel Nights: 30
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners fine
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Not anymore, but I am sure I could get a new one unless those are cancelled due to COVID?

Considering trying to hit about 2200 EQDs before end of the AA calendar year, Jan 31. I've heard about the British Airways trick, but I am looking to go to Brazil to work from there for two-three weeks chasing Hyatt Globalist. Is there a British Airways style way to earn 2200 EQDs while only spending say half that, or similar? AA doesn't seem to have any good South American partners with a good setup like this unless I am mistaken?

Edit, Brazil because their Hyatt Macae property is like 45 a night, oceanfront.
I would happily also go to London for their one less expensive Hyatt, but this new strain of COVID, plus the Brazilians have more stuff open...
Just an FYI... The earning status calendar year is the calendar year JAN-DEC while the Status Level year lasts FEB-JAN. Which means you need 2200 EQDs by 12/31.

So AA status for this year and next are:

You have no partners for LATAM with the code-share trick but you do have the AAVacations trick... If you book Flight+Hotel (which doesn't need to match the whole length) on many occasions you can get a fare with a "*" next to the code-fare and that would credit as a "Special Fare"

There is a Y+ LAX to GIG for $990 but an initial playing on AA Vacations didn't give the necessary "*"

$892 on the 26/29 via GRU