FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrapping up 2020!
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:19 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Wrapping up turns out to be crapping up it all...

9 flights in 2020, all in the time-frame jan 1 - jan 12, and the rest of the year spent rebooking and finally cancelling what was left of this hobby. I achieved QR platinum, all for nothing.

36 819 km (65% of it in first, the rest in business)
Northernmost: CPH
Westernmost: FRA
Southern- and easternmost: HBA
New airports: 1 - TUN Carthage International Airport

With 9 flights, it doesn't really make sense of doing a top-10 this year, but here goes:

Future?
In 2021 I've got 6 flights booked, in Q1-Q2. No longhauls, only EU flights (including UK-SAR). I've learned my lessons from this year and no positioning flights are booked. It is very likely most/all of booked flights will get cancelled or have schedule change and/or entry restrictions will hinder me from going as per current schedule and I am not spending more time monitor and fight airlines for changes/refunds.
All flights booked are full flex business and I have little hope of doing them at all.
2021 will very likely mean the end of flying hobby, losing AY plat, QR plat and A3 gold. I will gain Lifetime plat with Nordic Choice though, but is an etirely different hobby.