FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK starting to charge for Seating in International Flights ( 2021 & onwards )
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:42 pm
hfly
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, and let's not forget about key seats in long haul business class! How many times as an Elite Plus have I wanted a first row seat in long haul business class, you know when I am paying top dollar for it, but not able to reserve a first row seat? Why is this? Because it is needed for an Emergency? No. Is it a Pilot seat? No. Is it for "security"? No. It is because more often than not it is reserved for the possibility of a VIP (and the definition of VIP is extremely flexible as it can be the wife or a cousin of a council member of a third tier Turkish town), but I will leave that alone.............but is instead reserved for a Pilot's wife or children! I have no problem with crew's family having flight rights, nor them flying upfront. However like on most other airlines they should NOT be flying positive space, and even if they are, they should NOT have the "pick" of the best seats.......They can have the middle seats towards the back of a 777 for example.

Regarding the patent idiocy of the EE seat situation for E+ passengers, I have had many conversations with "powers that be" at TK, and while all admit that it is NOT a good situation, when investigated I hear that it is being "worked on" and that it is a very "complex issue". I have been hearing this now for at least a decade. They have dropped the ball so many times that a canyon has formed where the ball drops.