FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Area Non-Disney?
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:04 pm
db1234db1234

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Thanks - I have the Candlewood suites in buena vista booked for August - is that any good?
No first hand experience myself at the Candlewood in Buena Vista but if you’ve stayed at any other Candlewood location, I imagine this one sticks to the brand guidelines. Kitchenette with full sized refrigerator, laundry facilities on site, no breakfast, etc. It looks new so that’s always nice and the location is nice too.

I see points are 20000 per night, half of Orange Lake so it’s up to you whether a true resort versus regular hotel room is worth double the points (or cash). Nothing wrong with a standard hotel room of course but that’s what Candlewood Suites is. Orange Lake would give a full on vacation resort feeling with a bigger room. It’d be a no brainer if you were going to book 2 rooms for a family vacation. 2 rooms at 20000 points a night for a family of 4-6 or even 8, then I would definitely take the 2 bedroom 1200 sq ft Orange Lake villa at essentially the same amount of points per night and have all the resort amenities at your doorstep.

For some, all they need is a bed to sleep in so the extras are worthless. If you have to worry about entertaining kids or teenagers, they won’t be bored at Orange Lake.