FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Area Non-Disney?
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:50 am
kitbag1984

Originally Posted by db1234db1234
I haven’t stayed at the other 2 listed but wanted to add some more info. Orange Lake is a true resort (not all-inclusive though) whereas the others look like hotels with a few extras attached. It’d be like comparing Vegas hotels and comparing the Bellagio to the Staybridge Suites just off strip. Both have hotel rooms and you could even argue Staybridge has a better basic room than Bellagio (dated) but the B’s amenities more than make up for things. Covid might have closed some areas though...suggest contacting them directly. They do charge a daily amenity fee too.

It seems like Orange Lake’s points cost is 40000 any given night next year which is a bit high especially when the cash rates are just over the other 2 hotels cited. I went further into the booking process and see that 40000 isn’t for a basic hotel room in the main lobby tower. It’s for a 2-bedroom 1200 sq ft villa. I don’t see a rewards option for a basic room. Maybe contact them directly? Those villas are spread out around the property where you drive right up to your front door. Think small golf villas all around a golf course. They are a bit dated but you’d have a full condo with kitchen and laundry for the week. Not sure if that’s too much for 1 person but it sure would be relaxing versus a regular hotel room.

Why not split your stay amongst 2 of them and get the best of both worlds?
Hey do you know if food/drink is included?