FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Executive Club - is it worth it anymore?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:55 am
TangoOneSeven

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by captainmargaret
I appreciate there's a good smack of privilege here, so to ask the question - how's everyone feeling about BA EC right now? Is it worth chasing prices for a couple of years, rather than points?
In the other status extension thread others have speculated that BA may extend status again, but there doesn't seem to be any proof or internal rumors at this point. Currently speaking the benefits of even Silver are negligible as most lounges are closed, or reduced offering and loads are relatively light seat selection is a non issue.

I'm in a broadly similar situation to you with a hard drop to Silver coming after many years of Gold or GGL. Assuming your travel pattern will not change in the short term then aside from just letting it drop not much you can do. At the start of the COVID restrictions there were some members who were able to have BA give TP credits for cancelled flights, but they didn't apply that policy uniformly so others/myself lost out that way also - this is buried in the other thread.

Do you hold status with any other airline that you may be close to reaching a similar level as Gold? Use the chance to (travel policy permitting) use other airlines or see if there are better options/prices out there for you. Not sure if you are USA based or not but AA Plat Pro is set to become a OWE status so that may be in reach for you, where Gold on BA may not.