FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:44 am
jeremyBA

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by A1pax

(2) rebook (without repricing) to flights anytime in 12 months after I originally booked - so long as there is space in the F cabin, and there is no need to have avios seats available. I booked on 6th October 2020 (when BA had the 50% avios discount). The 12 months re-booking window (for no repricing) will finish on 5th October 2021. However, BA schedule currently only shows flights to SYD from 1st November 2021 - meaning I cannot use this option.
!
After a 90 min hold I have just come off the phone with BA.

I am caught in the Oz trap and will just cancel. My 241 voucher expires in April so I will book Paris return, then claim a future travel voucher to preserve it - this is better than keeping the Oz booking alive as the avios and fees are far higher sitting on a voucher.

I also have a flight to Osaka and back form Tokyo. The Osaka route has been cancelled. This one was booked in the 50% off sale.

The operator ( who was lovely) said my options were to Change the outsold to Tokyo. Re date flexibility they will only allow -3 days + 14 days with a move of return to keep the duration the same without the need to have Avios Availability.

Beyond this (a) there needed to be Avios availability and (b) If I went beyond the 50% off period of 30th June I would be change more Avios.

I has assumed that the option above - any change as long as within 12 months of the ticket - were Ok, but seemingly not ---- unless of course those here on FlyerTalk know more - and if so could you please let me know the internal notice number so I can quote it and get the flight moved.

Many thanks as always