FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Executive Club - is it worth it anymore?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:00 am
captainmargaret

Programs: BA Gold
BA Executive Club - is it worth it anymore?

Folks, I've hit a walll.

I've been EC Gold since 2016, earned the hard way, primarily through PE and strategic upgrades. I've enjoyed the benefits of lounges and discounting with points all the way, but.

My collection year ends in September - and by March 2020, I'd already earned Gold again for 2021/22.

And then COVID.

Customers like me didn't get the additional year of Gold, because we already had it. My reward for spending heavily upfront... was nothing. Plenty of other customer's reward for spending nothing, was an extra year of Gold

So with fewer opportunities to travel, as well as points I can't use with vouchers - despite vouchers literally been as good as money - I'm just wondering whether to bother.

I feel disallusioned with chasing the tiers, because I can't acheive it, because I'm going to be downgraded.

I appreciate there's a good smack of privilege here, so to ask the question - how's everyone feeling about BA EC right now? Is it worth chasing prices for a couple of years, rather than points?

Is there any point in being loyal right now?