FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:09 am
alex67500

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I tried to get through to BA early this morning to cancel a flight scheduled for this morning. I was just given a series of other telephone numbers to try. I called the UK Gold line, was given an 0207 number that said they would open at 8am, so I tried calling the US number. Again I was give another number, that number also said it was closed and gave me an even later time to call. MMB told me I had to deal with it by phone. When I finally got through, the flight had just left, by about 8 minutes I would estimate. The Gold CS I spoke to said that I should have been able to get through because they are open 24 hours, so the booking is lost. She spoke to a manager who confirmed that.

It's a ET Avios booking so it's not the end of the world if it's actually lost, but it doesn't seem right to be told that I "should have been able to" get through to them, when clearly I couldn't. Does this sound right?

TIA
If you're still an hour before the flight you can get a future travel voucher. For the rest I don't know I'll let others with more knowledge answer.