FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old Dec 15, 2020, 4:24 am
Traveller91

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I didn't actually call the Philippines call center directly. When I called the US number for AF, I reached the Philippines center during the afternoon (around 3:00 or 4:00 PM EDT). During the evenings (after 9:00 PM EDT), I seemed to be directed to a call center in Chile. While not my experience (at least thus far), a previous poster mentioned having some challenges with the folks at the Philippines call center. You might want to change the time for when you call. I realize that 9:00 PM EDT is very, very early morning in the UK. if DL is willing to take over the ticket because you have a DL-operated segment that has been impacted by this cancellation/schedule change, another possibility is to contact the DL Singapore call center. In my personal experience, that call center is one of the most helpful and experienced call centers in the entire DL network -- and generally speaking, they go by the book, which is what it sounds like you're seeking (because the bulletin/waiver is in play).

Let us know how it goes!
Have being trying different options, including calling the AF US number around 8pm EDT and calling the Delta Czech number with the non-English option. None of them has worked so far. They all insist that it's only free to change within 30 days but anything beyond that will require fare difference. Think my only option is to reference EC 261/2004 at them in an email now.