FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:54 am
Glenb

Back in October I booked Club World LHR > SYD return with the 50% promo and using my 2-4-1 voucher. Itinerary is February departure LHR > SYD BA15, March return SYD > SIN BA16 (transit only) SIN > LHR BA12. BA15 and BA16 have been cancelled, BA12 remains valid.

I have attempted to book new dates via the email 'manage booking' link which shows all commercial availability. Each date I try to book I get an error and return to BA.com message. I have called BA and they insist that I can only book using award availability (of which there is basically none) as they can only use commercial availability if it is within the same time period of the existing booking. I have referenced the coronavirus guidance and conditions of carriage regarding rebooking during the "ticket validity" which would be until October 2021 or August 2021 if going off my 2-4-1 voucher expiry but they will not budge, apparently the agent also spoke to a duty manager after my insisting she check who also confirmed the same. I pressed on the issue as how can I book for the same time period when BA has cancelled all FEB and MAR departures for this route?

Am I missing something here? Thanks