FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "50" Factor
Thread: The "50" Factor
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:29 am
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I am Lifetime Titanium and have 68 nights. Decided a couple of months ago I wouldn't hit 75 nights this year, the threshold to get a FNA (Free Night Award). So my last two stays (both 1 night) were at a Holiday Inn Express since it was in a more convenient location and a lower point cost to boot. At the time I wondered if I had made the right decision. Now with the end of the year in sight, I know I did make the correct decision. No way I would have gone beyond 70 nights this year.

Full disclosure, even if Marriott had run some mega promo, it is very unlikely I would have stayed more nights this year. So while the lack of meaningful promotions is still frustrating, it is mainly an academic exercise for me. For others who are still travelling, I can easily see how it has translated into lost business for Marriott. Hopefully by mid next year, the world will be well on the way back to normal and normal travel can resume safely. YMMV....

--Jon