FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:28 am
tim0409

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, Nick Neal!No information about aircraft types is reliable at the moment, except in the short term (a few weeks).

The only thing that I think can be reasonably confidently said is that there's only a low chance that your flight will actually be operated by an A380. But it could be almost any other long-haul aircraft. Don't book anything on the basis of an aircraft type.
I'm in the same position; LHR-MIA in May swapped from A350 to A380. Like the previous poster I specifically picked the flight for the A350 business class seat. The flight has moved by 20 mins, so I can't cancel and get a refund under the (old) 2 hour rule, but given there has been a significant change in the product I wish I could. With hindsight, I should have waited til closer in before booking until the position has settled. I agree that the A380 is unlikely, so what are the other options - 777? now that would be a blow!